Attention Students and Grad Students: The Federal Resume is NOT THE SAME as your Private Industry Resume
Find out how to do it right! Get our Federal Resume Samples for PMF and Pathways Applications
- Buy Student’s Federal Career Guide on Amazon.com »
- Buy Kindle Student’s Federal Career edition on Amazon.com »
Student Federal Resume Samples
- Want to just see a few sample Student Federal Resume Samples from the book? Read more
ForeWord Review Book of the Year Award 2013 Finalist
Selected by panel of over 100 librarians as a finalist in the Non-Fiction Career category!
- Eight samples of successful federal resumes from students who were recently hired into internships and jobs in the government.
- See the new format OUTLINE FORMAT that is preferred by federal human resources Pathways recruiters and hiring managers. Easy to read and see the relevant skills.
- Federal resumes average 3 to 4 pages; private industry resumes are two pages maximum. Learn how to expand your resume to include more details about your relevant skills, knowledge and experiences.
- Eight samples of private industry resumes for the same job applicants. Check out the differences!
- Learn how to find keywords in a USAJOBS vacancy announcement and add them into your resume.
Learn how to blend courses, majors, papers, projects, and all that you’re doing in college into an internship resume or federal resume that stands out!
Written by Authors with the Inside Scoop
Federal Jobs Guru Kathryn Troutman and Federal Career Counselor Paul Binkley (of George Washington University), with content from 1st edition co-author Emily K. Troutman.
You can also license the Student Federal Resume Sample Database for University Career Services (up to 20,000 student population) for one year for $895.00 (multiple users, one-year license). Please contact us for more information.
“Kathryn’s book is a well-written, accurate reference source which deals with topics ranging from learning how to network to locating Federal internships. I find Kathryn’s books extremely useful and frequently use them to help students navigate through the Federal employment process and find opportunities.” CHRISTINE EARMAN HARRIGER, M.Ed., M.C.D.P., Career Counselor, George Mason University
“The content offers great federal resume examples and breaks the job search process down into 10 easy to follow action steps. Steps students can do NOW. This guide is a must have resource for ny student interested in a public service career.” Drema Howard, Ph.D, Director, The Career Center, University of South Florida
Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.